DevOps Foundation Course
Live Virtual, UK/London time
30th September – 1st October 2021
Registration is now closed. Please contact Support@TheScrumMaster.co.uk to check availability.When is VAT added?
As organisations are facing new entrants in their respective markets, they need to stay competitive and release new and updated products on a regular basis rather than one or two times a year.
The DevOps Foundation course provides a baseline understanding of key DevOps terminology to ensure everyone is talking the same language and highlights the benefits of DevOps to support organizational success.
The course includes the latest thinking, principles and practices from the DevOps community including real-world case studies from high performing organizations including ING Bank, Ticketmaster, Capital One, Alaska Air, Target, Fannie Mae, Societe Generale, and Disney that engage and inspire learners, leveraging multimedia and interactive exercises that bring the learning experience to life, including the Three Ways as highlighted in the Phoenix Project by Gene Kim and the latest from the State of DevOps and DevOps Institute Upskilling reports.
Learners will gain an understanding of DevOps, the cultural and professional movement that stresses communication, collaboration, integration, and automation to improve the flow of work between software developers and IT operations professionals.
The course is designed for a broad audience, enabling those on the business side to obtain an understanding of microservices and containers. Those on the technical side will obtain an understanding as to the business value of DevOps to reduce cost (15-25% overall IT cost reduction) with increased quality (50-70% reduction in change failure rate) and agility (up to 90% reduction in provision and deployment time) to support business objectives in support of digital transformation initiatives.
Unique and exciting exercises will be used to apply the concepts covered in the course and sample documents, templates, tools, and techniques will be provided to use after the class.
This certification positions learners to successfully complete the DevOps Foundation examination.
The target audience for the DevOps Foundation course includes Management, Operations, Developers, QA and Testing professionals such as:
- Individuals involved in IT development, IT operations or IT service management
- Individuals who require an understanding of DevOps principles
- IT professionals working within, or about to enter, an Agile Service Design Environment
- The following IT roles: Automation Architects, Application Developers, Business Analysts, Business Managers, Business Stakeholders, Change Agents, Consultants, DevOps Consultants, DevOps Engineers, Infrastructure Architects, Integration Specialists, IT Directors, IT Managers, IT Operations, IT Team Leaders, Lean Coaches, Network Administrators, Operations Managers, Project Managers, Release Engineers, Software Developers, Software Testers/QA, System Administrators, Systems Engineers, System Integrators, Tool Providers
The learning objectives for DevOps Foundation include an understanding of:
- DevOps objectives and vocabulary
- Benefits to the business and IT
- Principles and practices including Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, testing, security and the Three Ways
- DevOps relationship to Agile, Lean and ITSM
- Improved workflows, communication and feedback loops
- Automation practices including deployment pipelines and DevOps toolchains
- Scaling DevOps for the enterprise
- Critical success factors and key performance indicators
- Real-life examples and results
- Sixteen (16) hours of instructor-led training and exercise facilitation
- Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Participation in unique exercises designed to apply concepts
- Sample documents, templates, tools and techniques
- Access to additional value-added resources and communities
Familiarity with IT terminology and IT related work experience are recommended.
Successfully passing (65%) the 60-minute examination, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the DevOps Foundation Certificate. The certification is governed and maintained by the DevOps Institute.
- Exploring DevOps
- Core DevOps Principles
- Key DevOps Practices
- Business and Technology Frameworks
- Culture, Behaviors & Operating Models
- Automation & Architecting DevOps Toolchains
- Measurement, Metrics, and Reporting
- Sharing, Shadowing and Evolving
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there still spaces available on this course?
If you can see the ‘Register’ button at the top of the page then there is space available.
What are the course hours?
Courses start at 09:00 and finish at 17:00 each day in the country/time zone listed.
Can I attend from my country?
Yes. Everyone is welcome at all of our courses. You can attend from anywhere!
Can I attend on a different date?
Yes. We run courses regularly and you can find all our upcoming dates on our public course page.
How many people will attend?
Our courses are kept small to ensure a premium experience.
I’m not sure if I have enough experience to take the course. What should I do?
Email us at Support@TheScrumMaster.co.uk and we will advise you.
Do you offer discounts?
We usually offer discounts for group bookings, not for profit organisations and hardship cases. Find out more at our Discounts page.
Can I pay via Credit/Debit card?
Yes. Please click the ‘Register’ button at the top of the page, then select the ‘Register now and pay via Credit Card’ option.
Can I pay via Invoice?
Yes. Please click the ‘Register’ button at the top of the page, then select the ‘Register now and pay later via Invoice’ option. Alternatively email us at Support@TheScrumMaster.co.uk.
Do I need to pay VAT?
For Live & Online Courses, VAT is added if you are in the UK. VAT will not be added if you are in the EU or the rest of the world.
For In-Person Courses, VAT is added if the course is taking place in the UK or EU. VAT will be removed if you supply an EU VAT number and are outside the UK.
Where can I find your course booking policies?
Visit our course policy page.
Where can I find more answers to common questions?
Visit our full FAQ page for more answers to frequently asked questions.
Where can I contact the trainer with further questions?
Email us at Support@TheScrumMaster.co.uk.