Professional Agile Leadership – Essentials course
23-24th May 2019
Registration is now closed. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability.
Professional Agile Leadership (PAL) Essentials is a 2-day workshop designed to provide a foundation for the role that leaders play in creating the conditions for a successful agile transformation. Leaders and managers are critical enablers in helping their organizations be successful, yet the role of leaders and managers in an agile organization can be quite different from what they are used to.
This workshop uses a combination of instruction and team-based exercises to help participants learn how to form and support agile teams to achieve better results, and how to lead the cultural and behavioral changes that organizations must make to reap the benefits of an agile product delivery approach.
Becoming an agile organization is a profound transformation that requires senior leaders, middle managers, and agile team members to change the way that they organize their work, manage that work, and measure the results of the work. Agile teams cannot do this on their own; they need help from the entire organization. The changes for all involved are profound, but so are the results when everyone goals and ways of working are aligned.
All participants completing the Professional Agile Leadership – Essentials course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Agile Leadership I (PAL I) certification assessment. PAL-E class participants who attempt the PAL I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
To succeed in a changing world, organizations need to become more agile, more responsive to customer needs and market changes. This workshop will equip leaders and managers to help their organizations change by providing participants with:
- An overview of what “Agile” is, why organizations need it to survive and thrive in a changing world, how it works, and how to quantify its benefits from a business perspective
- The means to identify the potential opportunities and impacts of Agile in terms of business value
- An understanding of how Agile addresses the root causes of business uncertainty and IT project failure and/or dissatisfied customers
- The ability to compare and contrast Agile practices with alternative business practices and discuss how Agile fosters a culture of innovation and enhances financial performance
- An understanding of how to help form and support agile teams using an empirical approach to product delivery
- An understanding of typical challenges that agile teams face and how to support them by removing impediments