Professional Scrum With User Experience Course
Live Virtual, UK/London time
8-9th June 2023
£1,295 + VAT. When is VAT added?
Professional Scrum™ with User Experience (PSU) is a 2-day hands-on course where students who already have a fundamental understanding of Scrum and some experience using it will learn how to integrate modern UX practices into the way they are working in Scrum and how to work most effectively within Scrum Teams. Design work can sometimes feel slow, and not well suited to quick agile cadences and Scrum events, but that isn’t the case. Learn UX techniques that fit beautifully into Scrum, and practice these techniques with cross-functional teams in class. The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Professional Scrum with User Experience I certification assessment (PSU I).
Over the 2 days, students will learn UX techniques that work most effectively with Scrum Teams. In addition, you will learn practical tools and practices to best work with customers and their feedback to deliver higher value in the customer’s eyes with Scrum Teams without changing Scrum.
Students will leave the class understanding how to reconcile UX work with Scrum essentials like the Definition of “Done”, Backlog ordering and delivering “Done” Increments every Sprint. You will learn how to handle design work that may extend beyond a single Sprint, continuing to deliver value each and every Sprint using Scrum.
Professional Scrum with User Experience is an excellent training for everyone who works on a product team (engineers, product managers, etc): technology teams work better when they’re collaborating across disciplines and specialities. But different priorities, types of work, and the specific working rhythms of each discipline can create silos on teams and inside organizations. Learn how to use the Scrum framework and UX techniques to align your team, focus on value, and foster collaboration.
Scrum.org and our Professional Scrum Trainers have worked with Jeff Gothelf and Joshua Seiden the authors of the book Lean UX in the creation of this course, leveraging their expertise and knowledge.
Who Should Attend
- Scrum Masters and Product Owners who will learn how to integrate the UX speciality with what they already know about the power of self-organizing cross-functional teams. This will enable them to help Development Teams to learn about the customer, plan learning/discovery/design work, and still deliver “Done” product each Sprint.
- People who know UX will learn how to work more effectively inside Scrum, managing work in Sprints and visualizing it in the Product Backlog. Sometimes, working in agile contexts. Learn how to lead cross-functional teams in discovery work and align the work of the team around learning and delivering value to users.
- Anyone involved in delivering the product (engineers, product managers, etc) as technology teams work better when they’re collaborating across disciplines and specialities. But different priorities, types of work, and the specific working rhythms of each discipline can create silos on teams and inside organizations. Learn how to use the Scrum framework and UX techniques to align your team, focus on value, and foster collaboration.
Students will leave the class understanding:
- How a cross-functional Scrum Team can include UX specialists
- How to account for, manage, prioritize and include UX work in the Backlog
- How to balance discovery and delivery within a Scrum Team
- How Scrum Teams create customer feedback loops within a Sprint
- How to ensure customer insight is included in Scrum events and decision-making
- What the Definition of “Done” is in a world of continuous learning
- How UX can inform better development decisions
- Understand how Scrum with UX enhance continuous learning
- Framing work as problems to solve
- Outcomes over outputs
- Managing UX work in Scrum
- Focus on users
Assessment & Certifications
All participants completing the Professional Scrum with User Experience course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum with User Experience I (PSU I) certification assessment. PSU class participants who attempt the PSU I assessment within 14 days of the class and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.