Agile & Scrum Facilitation is a 2-day course that provides an understanding of group facilitation techniques for effectively designing meetings, events and workshops that engage the audience and result in agreed-upon outcomes.
The course is a combination of instruction and team-based exercises where students will learn how to use facilitation techniques to support their teams & organisations.
Over the 2 days, students learn about and experience group facilitation. Students are supported in facilitating activities during the course to gain practical and real-world experience of the approaches introduced.
For a private on-site or live-virtual course for your team, contact us now!
This course is suitable for all. It is intended for those with an interest in facilitation. The course is commonly attended by Scrum Masters and Agile Coaches looking to develop their capabilities.
There are no prerequisites for this course, other than a willingness to learn about facilitation. Some experience of Scrum & Agile is desirable, but not essential.
- Definition of facilitation & Agile Team facilitation
- The facilitation mindset
- Defining the purpose and outcomes
- Design the flow of the meeting
- Maintain neutrality
- Create a collaborative enviroment
- Facilitating full and fair participation
- Selecting & using the meeting facilitation yools
- Facilitating open & collaborative conversations
- Clarify team decision-making process
Facilitating Agile Meetings
- Design and facilitate an Agile meeting
- Adjusting facilitation given team maturity
- Assessing your ability to serve a team
- Facilitation at scale
Facilitation & Scrum
- Facilitating Scrum Teams
- Facilitating Sprint Planning
- Facilitating Sprint Reviews
- Facilitating Sprint Retrospectives
- Facilitating Product Backlog refinement
Conduct a Facilitation Session
- Practical experience of facilation during the class in a safe & structured environment with actionable feedback
- Next steps – How to gain experience and learn more
There is no assessment or certification with this course.
Attendees will gain an understanding of:
- Facilitation objectives, approaches and tools
- How to plan and prepare to facilitate effectively
- How to practically facilitate in an Agile/Scrum environment
- How to make meetings and events outcome focussed
- Practical experience of facilation with feedback enabling further development post-course
View the public course list
Contact us about private training