The Leading SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) exam is intended for those who wish to become a certified SAFe Agilist (SA) by demonstrating their knowledge in applying the Scaled Agile Framework, lean thinking, and product development flow principles in an enterprise context.
Here are some steps and tips to help you prepare and pass the Leading SAFe exam:
Attend a Leading SAFe Course:
Attending a Leading SAFe course is a prerequisite for the exam. Over the course of two days, you’ll learn about the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), lean-agile principles, and product development flow. You’ll also get insights and experience from a SAFe Program Consultant (SPC), who will be teaching the course.
Understand the Exam Format:
- Number of questions: Typically, 45 multiple choice questions.
- Duration: Usually 90 minutes.
- Passing score: Varies, but as of my last update, it’s around 73%.
Study the Course Materials:
- Review the course workbook, slides, and any provided materials.
- Focus on the principles, practices, roles, and artifacts of SAFe.
- Use the SAFe Community Platform. Scaled Agile offers a variety of study materials including sample questions, webinars, and articles. Utilize the study guide provided by Scaled Agile Inc.
- SAFe and its principles evolve over time. Make sure you’re studying the most recent version of the framework.
Understand Key Concepts:
- Lean-Agile Principles: Dive deep into each of the principles and understand how they apply in an enterprise setting.
- SAFe Framework Components: Understand the four levels of SAFe (Team, Program, Large Solution, and Portfolio) and the core competencies.
- Roles and Responsibilities: Know the roles at each level of SAFe and their main responsibilities.
Practice with Sample Questions:
- Try our Free Leading SAFe Practice Exam which includes 20 sample questions. You can also purchase our Ultimate Leading SAFe Practice Exam with a further 80+ practice questions.
- Get comfortable with the format of the questions.
- Time yourself to ensure you can finish the exam within the allotted time.
Take the Exam with Confidence:
- Read each question carefully.
- If unsure about an answer, mark the question and revisit it later if time allows.
- IMPORTANT! Use the SAFe big picture and the content it links to look up anything you are unsure of. The search facility on the menu is also useful to quickly locate content relating to any question.
- Regardless of the exam outcome, continue learning and applying agile principles in your work. If you were unsuccessful in your exam attempt, try again!
Finally, it’s worth noting that exam formats, content, and policies might evolve over time. Ensure you regularly check the official SAFe website or other relevant sources to stay updated on the latest requirements and changes related to the Leading SAFe exam. Good luck!
Scrum.org Launches Professional Scrum Product Backlog Management Skills Training Course28th September 2023
Scrum.org Professional Scrum Product Backlog Management Skills (PSPBM Skills) Study Notes27th September 2023
How To Pass The Professional Scrum Product Backlog Management Skills (PSPBM Skills) Assessment From Scrum.org27th September 2023
Share this Post