Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills is an interactive course designed to help teams and individuals develop proficiency in facilitation skills, so that they can help teams better solve problems, build consensus and foster transparency.
Great Scrum Teams are self-managing, cross-functional and have the ability and skills necessary to drive to successful outcomes. However, team interactions don’t always go as expected and can cause conflict or roadblocks. Effective facilitation can help the team move forward toward their desired outcomes.
In this one-day skills-building course, participants will learn how to become better facilitators to create better interactions with their Scrum Teams, stakeholders and customers. They will learn how to adopt facilitation as a stance and enable the Scrum Values. Students will have the opportunity to address a series of common Scrum-related scenarios by applying several facilitation techniques that they can add to their collection of agile practices. They will create and leave with their own facilitation “plan” to improve their next team discussion or Sprint event.
The course covers all the topics related to Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills (PSF Skills) certification assessment.
You can download the course datasheet for offline reading.
- All Scrum Team members (Scrum Masters, Developers and Product Owners)
- Scrum Coaches, Agile Coaches and Consultants
- Students who have previously taken Applying Professional Scrum, Professional Scrum Master, Professional Scrum Product Owner training or equivalent.
- Explain the roles that facilitation principles and the Scrum Values play in enhancing healthy collaboration within Scrum Teams
- Gain facilitation skills to leverage and focus on the benefits of diverse perspectives on a team with varying team dynamics
- Apply facilitation principles and techniques to improve the Scrum events and other interactions
- Improve team collaboration and participatory decision-making using a facilitator stance and toolbox of techniques
- Facilitation Principles & Scrum
- Applying Facilitation Skills & Techniques
- Decision Making Approaches
- Improving Facilitation Skills
PSF Skills Certification
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills assessment. PSF Skills class participants who attempt the PSF Skills assessment within 14 days of the class and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
View the public course list
Contact us about private training