The Scrum.org Professional Agile Leadership – Evidence-Based Management (PAL-EBM) assessment is a 60-minute timeboxed assessment. You need to score over 85% to pass and gain the PAL-EBM certification. The assessment contains 40 questions in English of multiple choice type.
You decide when and where to take the assessment. You are not required to attend an assessment centre and can take it online from a location of your choosing. There is no expiration date once you have purchased the assessment attempt.
Further details on what to expect from the assessment can be found on the Scrum.org Professional Agile Leadership – Evidence-Based Management (PAL-EBM) assessment page.
Here are some tips on how to prepare for and pass the assessment:
- Ideally, attend a Professional Agile Leadership – Evidence-Based Management (PAL-EBM) course and read back over the course notes.
- Read the The Evidence-Based Management Guide and get really familiar with it. This is the primary source of all answers for the assessment.
- Read the following papers which provide an expanded overview of Evidence-Based Management:
Investing for Business Agility
When are SMART goals not-so-smart?
OKRs: The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
Increase Transparency with Outcome-Focused Product Roadmaps
Measure Business Opportunities with Unrealized Value
- Review our Evidence-Based Management Study Notes which provide a brief summary of the core concepts and can be used as a quick reference resource when you take the assesssment.
- Take the Evidence-Based Management (EBM) Open Assessment a few times until you have seen all the questions and can score 100%.
- Take our Free Agile Leadership – Evidence-Based Management (PAL-EBM) Practice Assessment. This offers different questions to the EBM Open assessment so is an additional opportunity to test your knowledge in advance of sitting the real assessment.
- Take our paid Ultimate Agile Leadership – Evidence-Based Management (PAL-EBM) Practice Assessment. This offers more practice questions and is the best and most comprehensive practice assessment available. It is 5-star rated and has been used by thousands of people.
When you are ready to take the assessment:
- Have the Scrum Guide, The Evidence-Based Management Guide and our Scrum 1 Pager to hand and use them to look up what you need.
- Answer all the questions even if you have to make an educated guess. The assessment is not negatively marked.
- Read the questions and answers carefully. One word misread can lead you to the wrong answer.
- Don’t spend too long on each question. If unsure of an answer, note down the question number and move on. Completing all the questions in the timebox can be challenging.
- Be aware of the difference between “must” (a mandatory thing) and “should” (an optional thing).
- Make sure you select the required number of answers as the platform will not prompt you. Choosing only 1 answer on a “Pick 2” style question is a quick way to drop points.
- Come back to the hard questions at the end and use your time to think them over.
- Aim to leave time to check all your answers before the end.
- Google the question if really unsure, but be careful as this takes time and there are lots of unreliable sources out there.
- Remember the Scrum Master is a coach and facilitator. They do not tell the team what to do or how to do it, except in matters relating to the Scrum framework.
You can resit the assessment if you need to, but you will need to purchase another attempt from Scrum.org. The only exception to this is if you attend a Scrum.org Professional Agile Leadership – Evidence-Based Management (PAL-EBM) course, and then fail the PAL-EBM assessment within 14 days of completing the course. In this case, Scrum.org will provide you with a 2nd free attempt.
I hope this information will help you to pass and achieve the Professional Agile Leadership – Evidence-Based Management (PAL-EBM) certification from Scrum.org. Let me know how you get on via the comments below and good luck!
Scrum.org Launches Professional Scrum Product Backlog Management Skills Training Course28th September 2023
Scrum.org Professional Scrum Product Backlog Management Skills (PSPBM Skills) Study Notes27th September 2023
How To Pass The Professional Scrum Product Backlog Management Skills (PSPBM Skills) Assessment From Scrum.org27th September 2023
Share this Post