So you took the leap and attempted the Professional Scrum Product Owner I (PSPO I) Assessment From Scrum.org.
You knew it was tough before you started. 80 questions in 60 minutes and an 85% passing mark. You came close, but sadly not close enough to achieve the certification. So what should you do now?
The good news is that you can resit the assessment immediately, but you will need to purchase another attempt from Scrum.org in order to do so. It can get expensive, so you want to make sure you can pass on your next attempt.
The only exception to this is if you attend a Scrum.org Professional Scrum Product Owner course, and then fail the PSPO I assessment within 14 days of completing the course. In this case, Scrum.org will provide you with a 2nd free attempt.
Here are my tips on retaking and passing the Scrum.org Professional Scrum Product Owner I (PSPO I) assessment and gaining the certification:
- Review the resources highlighted in the feedback you received from Scrum.org after your attempt. Focus on the areas you were weaker in and read/watch the materials. These should help you catch and learn the concepts you may have missed.
- Revisit the tips in my post How To Pass The Professional Scrum Product Owner I (PSPO I) Assessment From Scrum.org. Ensure you follow the advice here, especially regarding the practice assessments.
- Strongly consider attending a Scrum.org Professional Product Owner course Learning in a facilitated environment with an experienced Trainer and others in a similar position will help you learn a significant amount in a short time.
- Read the Scrum Guide and get more familiar with it. This is the primary source of all answers for the assessment
- Download our Scrum 1 Pager. It’s great for reference and revision. Review out other Simple Guide To Scrum resources.
- Take our Ultimate Scrum Master & Product Owner Practice Assessment. This will provide 500+ sample questions and will make a huge difference in the probability of a pass with your next attempt.
- Time permitting, read The Professional Product Owner by by Don McGreal and Ralph Jocham. This book will boost your chances of a pass significantly.
- Contact us with your questions. We like it when you do!
Be bold and go for it again sooner rather than later. You will have learnt a lot from your first attempt so if you follow the steps above you should be in a good position to pass.
I hope this information will help you to pass. Let me know how you get on via the comments below. Good luck!
What Day Of The Week Should We Start The Sprint?6th October 2021
The 2 Best Product Owners I Ever Worked With – The Proxy Product Owner8th September 2021
The 2 Best Product Owners I Ever Worked With – The Empowered Product Owner27th August 2021
Share this Post