So you took the leap and attempted the Professional Scrum Product Owner I (PSPO I) Assessment From Scrum.org.
You knew it was tough before you started. 80 questions in 60 minutes and an 85% passing mark. You came close, but sadly not close enough to achieve the certification. So what should you do now?
The good news is that you can resit the assessment immediately, but you will need to purchase another attempt from Scrum.org in order to do so. It can get expensive, so you want to make sure you can pass on your next attempt.
The only exception to this is if you attend a Scrum.org Professional Scrum Product Owner course, and then fail the PSPO I assessment within 14 days of completing the course. In this case, Scrum.org will provide you with a 2nd free attempt.
Here are my tips on retaking and passing the Scrum.org Professional Scrum Product Owner I (PSPO I) assessment and gaining the certification:
- Review the resources highlighted in the feedback you received from Scrum.org after your attempt. Focus on the areas you were weaker in and read/watch the materials. These should help you catch and learn the concepts you may have missed.
- Revisit the tips in my post How To Pass The Professional Scrum Product Owner I (PSPO I) Assessment From Scrum.org. Ensure you follow the advice here, especially regarding the practice assessments.
- Strongly consider attending a Scrum.org Professional Product Owner course Learning in a facilitated environment with an experienced Trainer and others in a similar position will help you learn a significant amount in a short time. A great lower cost alternative to this would be to take our Simple Guide To Scrum Video Course. This covers the same content and allows you to learn at your own pace and at a lower cost.
- Read the Scrum Guide and get more familiar with it. This is the primary source of all answers for the assessment
- Download our Scrum 1 Pager. It’s great for reference and revision. Review out other Simple Guide To Scrum resources.
- Take our Ultimate Scrum Product Owner I (PSPO I) Practice Assessment. This offers 400+ questions and is the best and most comprehensive practice assessment available anywhere. It is 5-star rated, has been used by thousands of people and will make a huge difference in the probability of a pass with your next attempt.
- Read The Professional Product Owner by by Don McGreal and Ralph Jocham (paid link). This book will boost your chances of a pass significantly.
Be bold and go for it again sooner rather than later. You will have learnt a lot from your first attempt so if you follow the steps above you should be in a good position to pass.
I hope this information will help you to pass. Let me know how you get on via the comments below. Good luck!
Scrum.org Launches Professional Scrum Product Backlog Management Skills Training Course28th September 2023
Scrum.org Professional Scrum Product Backlog Management Skills (PSPBM Skills) Study Notes27th September 2023
How To Pass The Professional Scrum Product Backlog Management Skills (PSPBM Skills) Assessment From Scrum.org27th September 2023
Share this Post