Scrum Teams flourish when the Scrum Master and Product Owner accountabilities are well fulfilled. The 3-day Professional Scrum Master and Product Owner (PSMPO) course combines the key learning objectives from both the Scrum.org Professional Scrum Master (PSM) and Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) courses. Merging PSM and PSPO together enables side-by-side learning in a way that is not possible when Scrum Masters and Product Owners are trained separately. These learners greatly benefit from having a shared understanding for one another and by blending the content, students avoid duplicate foundational content and have more space to focus on learning together. This course includes free attempts at both the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) and Professional Scrum Product Owner I (PSPO I) globally recognized certification exams.
Throughout the class, students will develop and solidify their fundamental Scrum knowledge and have opportunities to expand their way of thinking about what it takes to be part of a self-managing team. They will explore both the inward-facing mindset and the outward-facing skills needed to deliver value and create impactful customer outcomes on a frequent basis. Accountabilities of the Scrum Master and Product Owner are interwoven with the Scrum values and the pillars of empiricism in a way that challenges students to immediately approach work in new ways following the class. PSMPO is much more than just a set of slides and an instructor. In this course, students engage in hands-on activities and explore real-life cases for how Scrum Masters and Product Owners can be successful.
Exclusively for In-House Private Training
This course is only available for private training events sponsored by organizations ready to provide first-class training for employees. It is not offered in an open public setting. This course is explicitly designed to grow the proficiency of an organization’s Scrum Masters and Product Owners as they learn together and discover what it takes to effectively work together with the entire Scrum Team and stakeholders. Find a Professional Scrum Trainer to partner with and discover the best way to gain advantage through Professional Scrum within your organization.
No pre-existing knowledge of Scrum is required to attend.
- Grow an Agile mindset and build awareness of why values and principles are key to success
- Understand the Scrum framework and how empiricism enables rapid delivery of value
- Build knowledge of how the Scrum Master and Product Owner accountabilities jointly serve the team, customers, and the organization
- Experience techniques for focusing on the customer and delivering incremental value
- Explore approaches for building alignment and execution of the strategy through product vision and product goal
- Learn ways for understanding, delivering and measuring value
- Practice how to manage the product backlog in ways supportive of achieving the product goal
- Create clarity on how release planning builds transparency and helps manage stakeholder expectations
- Solidify the importance of done and discerning what is done and what is undone
- Gain appreciation for the art of working with self-managing teams and building a sustaining capability for solving complex problems
- The Product Owner
- Agile Product Management
- Value-Driven Development
- Product Backlog Management
- Theory and First Principles
- Scrum Framework
- Release Management
- Done and Undone
- People and Teams
- The Scrum Master