The PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® exam from the Project Management Institute (PMI) is a globally recognised certification for agile practitioners.
The exam itself is 120 minutes long and consists of 90 multiple-choice questions. PMI does not publish the passing score, but it is assumed to be in the range of 70% which means at least 63 out of 90 questions answered correctly to pass.
To pass the PMI-ACP® exam and earn the certification, candidates should follow a structured approach to preparation. Here are some steps and tips to guide you:
Understand the Exam Content:
The exam covers seven domains:
- Agile Principles and Mindset
- Value-driven Delivery
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Team Performance
- Adaptive Planning
- Problem Detection and Resolution
- Continuous Improvement (Product, Process, People)
- PMI’s Official Resources: The primary reference is the Agile Practice Guide, co-developed by PMI and Agile Alliance.
- Books: “PMI-ACP Exam Prep” by Mike Griffiths is good, but expensive choice. PMI-ACP Exam Prep: Questions, Answers, & Explanations by Christopher Scordo is a good lower cost alternative.
- Online Resources: Websites, forums, blogs, and videos that focus on PMI-ACP topics.
- Familiarise yourself with the exam format and types of questions.
- Review & Understand Agile Frameworks & Methodologies. While the exam is not tied to any specific agile methodology, it’s crucial to be familiar with popular ones like Scrum, Kanban, Lean, and Extreme Programming (XP).
- Practice Assessments. Our Free PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) Practice Exam contains 90 sample questions. You can also purchase our Ultimate PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) Practice Exam which includes a further 290+ practice questions.
- You have 3 hours to complete 120 questions, so pace yourself.
- Read questions carefully and ensure you understand what’s being asked before selecting an answer.
- Stay calm. If you don’t know an answer, mark it, move on, and return to it later.
- Regardless of the exam outcome, continue learning and applying agile principles in your work. If you were unsuccessful in your exam attempt, try again!
Finally, it’s worth noting that exam formats, content, and policies might evolve over time. Ensure you regularly check the official PMI website or other relevant sources to stay updated on the latest requirements and changes related to the PMI-ACP® exam. Good luck!
Scrum.org Launches Professional Scrum Product Backlog Management Skills Training Course28th September 2023
Scrum.org Professional Scrum Product Backlog Management Skills (PSPBM Skills) Study Notes27th September 2023
How To Pass The Professional Scrum Product Backlog Management Skills (PSPBM Skills) Assessment From Scrum.org27th September 2023
Share this Post