The SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) certification exam from Scaled Agile Inc. is designed for individuals who wish to validate their knowledge and abilities in the role of a Scrum Master within a SAFe context. Here’s a guide to help you prepare and pass the SAFe Scrum Master exam:
It’s highly recommended to attend the SAFe Scrum Master course. This two-day course provides the foundation of the role of the Scrum Master in a SAFe environment.
Understand the Exam Format:
- Number of questions: Typically 45 multiple-choice questions.
- Duration: 90 minutes.
- Passing score: The passing percentage may vary but is usually around 73%.
Thoroughly Review Course Materials:
- The participant workbook, provided during the course, is a valuable resource.
- The SAFe website offers a plethora of articles, glossary terms, and white papers which can deepen your understanding.
- Understand key topics such as the role of the Scrum Master, facilitating team events, coaching Agile teams, and supporting program execution.
- Understand the three pillars of Scrum: Transparency, Inspection, and Adaptation.
- Familiarise yourself with SAFe principles and how they differ from traditional Scrum.
- Understand SAFe roles, especially the role of the Scrum Master on an Agile Team and within a SAFe environment.
- Understand the various meetings in SAFe such as PI Planning, Inspect and Adapt, and the Iteration Review.
Practice with Sample Questions:
- Try our Free SAFe Scrum Master Practice Exam which includes 20 sample questions. You can also purchase our Ultimate SAFe Scrum Master Practice Exam with a further 180+ practice questions.
- Get comfortable with the format of the questions.
- Time yourself to ensure you can finish the exam within the allotted time.
Take the Exam with Confidence:
- Read each question carefully.
- If unsure about an answer, mark the question and revisit it later if time allows.
- IMPORTANT! Use the SAFe big picture and the content it links to look up anything you are unsure of. The search facility on the menu is also useful to quickly locate content relating to any question.
- Regardless of the exam outcome, continue learning and applying agile principles in your work. If you were unsuccessful in your exam attempt, try again!
Finally, it’s worth noting that exam formats, content, and policies might evolve over time. Ensure you regularly check the official SAFe website or other relevant sources to stay updated on the latest requirements and changes related to the SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) exam. Good luck!
Scrum.org Launches Professional Scrum Product Backlog Management Skills Training Course28th September 2023
Scrum.org Professional Scrum Product Backlog Management Skills (PSPBM Skills) Study Notes27th September 2023
How To Pass The Professional Scrum Product Backlog Management Skills (PSPBM Skills) Assessment From Scrum.org27th September 2023
Share this Post