Over the 2 days, students will simulate a large software development project using the Nexus Framework. The workshop is delivered using an end-to-end case study where students work together to organize and simulate a scaled software development project. Throughout the workshop, students will be introduced to more than 50 practices that can be used to help reduce complexity and dependencies at scale.
The workshop will provide students with an understanding of how to launch, structure, staff, and manage a large Agile project using Scrum. Throughout the workshop, students will learn the infrastructure, tools and practices needed to successfully scale Scrum to maximize the value of their software development initiative.
By taking a hands-on approach, students are fully engaged in the learning process where they see first-hand the challenges in large-scale development initiatives and solutions for getting the work back on track. They will leave the workshop with techniques to detect irregularities and how to address them appropriately.
- Learn how to Scale Scrum using the Nexus framework
- Learn how to overcome challenges in large-scale development initiatives
- Keep development initiatives on track
- Experience organizing several teams working on the same product
- Optimize team productivity
- Understand how to identify, minimize and remove dependencies
- Scaled Scrum is still Scrum
- Introduction to the Nexus Framework
- New role, artifacts and events
- Organizing teams & work
- Managing the Nexus & Nexus+™
- Dealing with common challenges
- Practices to help teams efficiently build an integrated software product
All participants completing the Scaled Professional Scrum course will receive a password to attempt the Scaled Professional Scrum (SPS) assessment. SPS class participants who attempt the SPS assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost. The industry-recognized SPS certification requires a minimum passing score of 85% and involves understanding the Nexus Framework, knowledge from the course and of Scrum.
View the public course list
Contact us about private training