The Product Backlog is an emergent, ordered list of what is needed to improve the product. It is the single source of work undertaken by the Scrum Team. It changes constantly and requires a Product Owner to consider many options when adding to, deleting from, updating, and ordering it.
Professional Scrum Product Backlog Management Skills™ is an interactive course designed to help Scrum practitioners improve their ability to manage all aspects of the Product Backlog and stakeholder communication.
In this one-day skills-building course, participants will learn techniques and methods to effectively manage a Product Backlog that clearly expresses the future vision of the product and brings transparency to what is most valuable for the Scrum Team to work on to delight stakeholders and customers. Students will get hands-on experience with refinement techniques such as decomposing and slicing Product Backlog items, while learning how simplicity can cure complicated and complex Product Backlogs.
Students will be able to connect the Product Goals they are investing in to the work being done to ensure that they are delivering value as well as how to understand and manage their relationships with the stakeholders involved.
The course covers all the topics related to Professional Scrum Product Backlog Management Skills (PSPBMS) certification assessment.
You can download the course datasheet for offline reading.
- Professionals interested in learning essential Product Owner practices
- Product Owners looking to better understand their customers and stakeholders
- Scrum Masters wishing to be an effective coach to Product Owners will also find valuable insights in this course
- Product Managers and Business Analysts looking to improve their Product Backlog management skills
- Apply practical techniques to create, refine, and order the Product Backlog
- Identify and effectively communicate with stakeholders
- Capture stakeholder’s needs on a Product Backlog
- Find better ways to make the Product Backlog more transparent
- Use empiricism as a competitive advantage
- Understanding Your Stakeholders
- Defining Your Product Backlog
- Product Backlog refinement
- Creating Transparency
PSPBM Skills Certification
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Product Backlog Management Skills course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Product Backlog Management Skills assessment. PSPBM Skills class participants who attempt the PSPBM Skills assessment within 14 days of the class and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
View the public course list
Contact us about private training