Agile & Scrum For Finance Teams is a 2-day course that provides the foundational knowledge needed for a Finance team to use Scrum. The course is a combination of instruction and team-based exercises where students will learn how to use the Scrum framework to improve their capabilities.
Over the 2 days, students are introduced to Scrum, gaining insights into overcoming complexity and dealing with team-based collaboration as essential elements in mastering Scrum.
An optional 3rd day of workshops can be added to enable your team to kick-start your Agile Finance initiative and start to use what they have learned immediately.
The course includes specific content and case studies to help Finance teams increase their levels of agility to better meet the needs of their clients. Begin leveraging the benefits of Agile to revolutionize your approach to finance.
For a private on-site or live-virtual course for your team, contact us now!
This course is suitable for all. It is intended to provide an introduction to Agile Finance and the Scrum framework. We also cover common challenges associated with applying the framework for a Finance team.
There are no prerequisites for this course, other than a willingness to learn about Agile & Scrum. No technical knowledge or prior experience of Scrum, Agile or Project Management is required.
Agile & Scrum Introduction
- What is Agile and Scrum?
- Why use Scrum for Finance teams?
- Scrum Accountabilities
- Scrum Artifacts
- Scrum Events
- Scrum Values
- Complexity & Empiricism
- Cross-functional, Self-Managing teams
Scrum For Finance Teams
- Flow-based approaches and managing Work In Progress
- The benefits of short iterations and Done work
- Creating a culture of experimentation and validated learning
- Using data to inform pivot / persevere decisions
- Crafting a compelling vision for a new approach
Putting Scrum Into Practice
- Starting your Agile journey
- Tools for managing work in an agile environment
- Common problems when starting to use Scrum
- How to succeed with Scrum
Agile Finance Case Studies
- Examples of sucessful Agile Finance teams
- Lessons from Agile Finance case studies
There is no assessment or certification with this course.
Attendees will gain an understanding of:
- The key terminology associated with Agile and Scrum
- The benefits of Agility and Scrum for teams and organisations
- When to use Scrum (and when not to)
- A clear understanding of the Scrum Framework
- An understanding of how to make Scrum work for Finance teams
Optional 3rd Workshop Day To Kick Start Your Agile Finance initiative:
- Identify the Product Owner, Scrum Master, Developers & Stakeholders
- Create and refine a Product Backlog
- Identify the support required to enable increased agility
- Identify impediments to successful adoption
- Plan your first Sprint
View the public course list
Contact us about private training