Agile & Scrum For Marketing is a 2-day course that provides the foundational knowledge needed for a marketing team to use Scrum. The course is a combination of instruction and team-based exercises where students will learn how to use the Scrum framework to improve their marketing capabilities.
Over the 2 days, students are introduced to Scrum, gaining insights into overcoming complexity, dealing with team-based collaboration and self-management as essential elements in mastering Scrum.
An optional 3rd day of workshops can be added to enable your team to kick-start your Agile Marketing initiative and start to use what they have learned immediately.
The course includes specific content and case studies to help marketing teams increase their levels of Agility to better meet the needs of their clients. Begin leveraging the benefits of Agile to revolutionize your approach to marketing.
For a private, on-site course for your team, contact us now!
This course is suitable for all. It is intended to provide an introduction to Agile Marketing and the Scrum framework. We also cover common challenges associated with applying the framework for a marketing team. No prior experience of Scrum, Agile or Project Management is required.
People in the following roles have benefitted from this course:
- Marketing Managers, Specialists, Analysts, Directors, VPs or CMO’s
- Digital Marketers, Web Content Editors and Managers, SEO Specialists
- Agency Client Services Managers, Media Buyers & Managers
- Art and Creative Designers and Directors, Copywriters
- Public Relations Account Supervisors and Managers
- Communications Specialists and Managers
There are no prerequisites for this course, other than a willingness to learn about Agile & Scrum. No specific knowledge or experience is required.
- What is Agile Marketing?
- What is Scrum?
- Why use Scrum for marketing?
- Flow-based approaches and managing Work In Progress for Agile marketing teams
- Benefits of short iterations for marketing work
- Creating a culture of experimentation and validated learning
- Using marketing data to inform pivot / persevere decisions
- Crafting a compelling vision for a new marketing approach
- Scrum Accountabilities
- Scrum Artifacts
- Scrum Events
- Scrum Values
- Complexity & Empiricism
- Cross functional, Self-Managing Teams
Putting Scrum Into Practice
- Starting your Agile marketing journey
- Tools for managing work in an Agile environment
- Common problems when starting to use Scrum
- How To succeed with Scrum
Agile Marketing Case Studies
- Examples of sucessful Agile Marketing Teams
- Lessons from Agile Marketing case studies
There is no assessment or certification with this course
Attendees will gain an understanding of:
- The key terminology associated with Agile Marketing and Scrum
- The benefits of Agility and Scrum for teams and organisations
- When to use Scrum (and when not to)
- A clear understanding of the Scrum Framework
- An understanding of how to make Scrum work for marketing teams
- Understand the next steps to make teams and the organisations more Agile using Scrum
Marketing Specific Outcomes:
- How to build a culture of trust for marketers
- How to build marketing campaigns that resonate with customers
- How to manage conflicting stakeholder requests and priorities
- How to identify projects that add maximum value
- How to avoid burnout by working at a sustainable pace
- Have a simple, repeatable framework for managing work to enable us to do great work
Optional 3rd Workshop Day To Kick Start Your Agile Marketing Initiative:
- Identify the Product Owner, Scrum Master, Development Team & Stakeholders
- Create and refine a Product Backlog
- Identify the support required to enable increased Agility
- Identify impediments to successful adoption
- Plan your first Sprint