Agile & Scrum For Remote Teams is a 1-day course that provides the foundational knowledge needed for a Remote team to use Scrum. The course is a combination of instruction and team-based exercises where students will learn how to adapt the Scrum framework for remote Scrum Teams.
An optional 2nd day of workshops can be added to enable your team to kick-start your remote Scrum implementation and start to use what they have learned immediately.
The course includes specific content and case studies to help remote Scrum Teams increase their levels of agility to better meet the needs of their clients.
This course is run live & online (live-virtual). Contact us now to book a date!
This course is suitable for all, but a working knowledge of Scrum is advised. It is intended to provide an introduction to Remote working using the Scrum framework. We also cover common challenges associated with applying the framework with a remote team.
There are no prerequisites for this course, other than a willingness to learn about remote ways of working. Some prior experience of Scrum is recommended. The course is typically attended by Scrum Masters & Agile Coaches amongst many others.
Each attendee needs an internet-connected computer with Webcam, Microphone and Speakers. The course will be conducted using your choice of Zoom, MS Teams, Google Hangouts or something else by agreement.
Introduction To Remote Scrum
- Why use Scrum with a remote teams?
- What to consider when working with a remote team
Patterns For Scrum With A Remote Scrum Team
- Trust & Empiricism
- Remote Facilitation
- Remote Coaching, Teaching & Mentoring
- Team formation & building
Tools For Remote Scrum Teams
- Video Conferencing
- Asynchronous communication
- Backlog Management
Putting Scrum Into Practice
- Common problems when starting to use Scrum remotely
- How to succeed using Scrum with a remote team
Case Studies Of Successful Remote Scrum Teams
- Examples of sucessful remote Scrum Teams and lessons learned
There is no assessment or certification with this course.
Attendees will gain an understanding of:
- An understanding of how to make Scrum work for remote teams
- Experience patterns for effective remote working
- Experience tools to increase transparency and collaboration with a remote Scrum Team
- Undersrand how to succeed using Scrum with a remote team
Optional 2nd Workshop Day To Kick Start Your Agile Remote initiative:
- Select the right tools to use with your team
- Implement and test the tools
- Identify impediments to successful remote work
- Run your first remote Scrum event
View the public course list
Contact us about private training