Agile & Scrum Teaching is a 2-day course that helps attendees learn how to be effective Teachers in an Agile/Scrum environment. Teaching is an essential skill set for Scrum Masters and Agile Coaches. The course is a combination of instruction and team-based exercises where students will learn teaching techniques, how to design learning experiences and gain practical teaching experience to increase their capabilities.
Over the 2 days, students are introduced to a range of teaching approaches, gaining insights into how and when to use them and how to design great learning experiences for the students they work with.
For a private on-site or live-virtual course for your team, contact us now!
This course is suitable for all. It is intended for those with an interest in teaching. The course is commonly attended by Scrum Masters and Agile Coaches looking to develop their capabilities.
There are no prerequisites for this course, other than a willingness to learn about teaching. Some experience of Scrum & Agile is desirable, but not essential.
- Discussion (class, group, team, pair)
- Role Play
- The 10 Minute Rule
Teacher-Centered / Lecture Based Training
- Caution: It has a place, but its use should be limited
- Powerpoint is not the point! Activities are essential
Designing Discusssions & Activities
- Varied learning styles and formats
- Open questions and facilitation
Live & Online vs In-Person Training
- The differences to teaching remotely and in-person
- Strategies and tools for each scenario
Training From The Back Of The Room
- What is Training From The Back Of The Room and why is it important?
- Start with the outcome in mind
- Apply 6 brain-science principles to any training
- Use the 4Cs to design/deliver brain-based instruction
- Create virtual classes that combine your own topic and materials with the brain-based concepts and strategies
- Experience and collect dozens of interactive instructional strategies
There is no assessment or certification with this course.
Attendees will gain an understanding of:
- The key teaching approaches and methods and the need for variety
- When to lecture and when to get interactive
- Designing the teaching & learning
- Strategies for remote and in-person teaching
- Training From The Back Of The Room
View the public course list
Contact us about private training